loadedlongboard1

Funky Open Space Adjacent to Closet?? Master Closet Design Help!

loadedlongboard1
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi Guys,

I have an interesting one for you, and I am essentially at a complete stand still on what to do. Below are pictures of what I am looking at.

There is an awkward space to the left of the master closet. I have already extended the closet to the right, so I have that extra space. However I'm not sure what to put to the left. I can't extend the closet all the way over due to that window on that back wall which encroaches on where the closet would end if we moved it all the way to the left wall.

My first thought was to make it a little study, with a desk and chair. But now I am considering installing some kind of built in cabinet. Not really sure on what layout/design to go with. I'm trying to keep prices as low as possible, but keep it the look of a mid-to-mid-premium finish.

The bed will be up against the wall with a window, pointing away from the window, so I don't think having a space for a TV in this cubby makes sense. I guess I just need a style that wouldn't look tacky, and still be functional. Or if you have any other ideas that are better!

I attached another picture of a built in that could potentially work. However I couldn't take it all the way over due to that pesky window in way. And the cost of moving the window does not make sense. Any and all thoughts are appreciated!

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.