khalidgiz

Need an idea to my living room and master room,

jamsh
8 years ago
Hello all,

I am in process of building my house , i have done the house plans ,, I am about to finish the house but I feel I am not happy with my living room and the masters room ,

I would need an idea of the living room ,which is open to 4 doors ! Also the master room if you suggest to open it with the other room . Or any other idea you see it

Comments (56)

• PRO
    jamsh
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank so much all for you comments

let me tells you more about the house :

The house its 4600 SQ.ft

house type : southern house,

For the 3 bedrooms on the left corner , i meant to put one access door to keep the privets

and for the dinning room , i kept it near the men room ( men room means only for visitors ) to make it easy access for them if there is some food party or so , and i also can open it with the kitchen but i keep it for now

from that point i have added the sitting room with kitchen for only family use :

We always see the living room as something privet for people who own the house and for their close friend not for anyone ,so that why i open it with 3 doors

family room : its only use for family as other living room, but its more smaller then the living room at the canter of the house
    so the question is ? what ever idea you see think need to be change or switch around then tell me , i welcome any idea

• shirlpp
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

So you have a men room(really a guest bedroom), across from the dining room. Is the sitting room, really a study/office - to use that will have your computer in it. In what room, will you watch TV. Do you want an open concept - if so, where you have men/guest room, I'd make it the living room. Where you have family room, I'd make it the men/guest room and the sitting/office. I'd open up all of the walls - so now the living room becomes the family/great room which also includes the sitting room, kitchen, and dining room.

My comments and yours were done at the same time. I was not able to read yours before submitting mine.

• Related Discussions

Please help with tips and ideas to create some character to my living room!?

Q

Comments (10)
    HI -- I like the red wall but I think the whole room in that would be too much. So right now you need to cut down the contrast of the red wall . Paint a light cream tan on the other walls and also on the ceiling but leave the crown the same color. This will tone down the red and accent the crown molding. You could also use a blueish grey in the same way. Or you could also use a grey with a hint of lavender . Get some color sample cards or pots (benjamin moore paints). Get an idea of the color before you paint the whole area.
    ...See More

Ideas for my sad looking living room.

Q

Comments (32)
    Start by taking out everything you don't want/need Paint your walls white to start with as this will give the room a fresh new feel, you can always change this if you want but you can't go wrong with white. Dulux pure brilliant white is a good choice so you don't get confused with the cold/warm undertones. Change the largest sofa for something smaller, I don't mind the other one as it is a modern style but if it is worn and you feel you need to change then now is the best time. Wool fabric is a great hard wearing choice and is easy to clean. I have children and have had mid charcoal wool fabric sofas for 4 years and they are perfect! Don't forget that your sofa is an investment so put your money into this as décor can be changed a lot cheaper! Paint the fire surround colour to a charcoal to make it stand out and also link in with the sofas NOW.... is the fun part! I'd concentrate on the red curtains and find some art work or wallpaper or a rug or cushion that you REALLY love with red in and possibly some other bright colours. Be creative & bold! I would consider changing the green curtains but by this stage you'll have a better feel of the room and where it is heading and how you want the room to look from here. If you are worried about the cost of curtains, I'd look at IKEA as you can get some lovely cheap curtains from there. Once you've got to this stage, I'd post some before pics and after pics for us on Houzz and ask for further advice on decorating as you would have a blank slate and something that you LOVE that you can work with on the colours to bring in touches of texture and warmth and comfort from there. Good Luck!
    ...See More

New apartment living room design ideas (w/ my Sketchup drawings)

Q

Comments (7)
    I think your ideas are spot on for the space. There is a bit of empty space, but you can sort that by tweaking your plan just a little. In the dining area, you could try moving the table further from the kitchen and putting a freestanding island in between, to give you more food prep space. Or, if it's more storage you need, you could add a sideboard where the wall cabinets are, to store dishes, glasses, drinks etc. another possibility is to go for a large round table rather than rectangular. This would fill the space nicely. In the living area, I think you have space for a corner sofa rather than the two seater you have shown, with the sofa and the armchair forming a u shape. The use of a rug to zone the space is perfect. Maybe add a narrow console table behind the sofa? Also, remember that, once you have placed all your large furniture in the room for real, it will be easier to think of little extras to add, like lamps, end tables, plants, etc. That's the fun part! And by accessorising with art, cushions, throws, and all your personal belongings, the space won't feel empty at all. Congrats on a lovely apartment and good luck with it!
    ...See More

hi need help with my interiors of my big living room,

Q

Comments (2)
    I like Carolina's suggestion, that way you have a choice of 'cosy' space but can easily swivel the chairs if you have more guests. I would rethink the lighting too (yes I'm biased!) but something less distracting will help give better balance to the room. "Feature walls" have had their day, but every room needs an anchor point, so something like a huge mirror or piece of artwork is lovely.
    ...See More
  • PRO
    jamsh
    Original Author
    8 years ago

how about the wall between the Kitchen n sitting room ? should be taken out also ?

tv can be watch on family room and living room

• hollywaterfall
    8 years ago

It's interesting but I would rearrange some things. First, I would stick a door on the wall to the right of the stairs so that when you enter you can walk all the way through the house to the living room. As it seems now you would have to walk through the kitchen to get anywhere. Then, I would switch the location of the dining room to be where the sitting room is now. I would either make the current family room into the sitting room OR move the bedroom (that is to the left of the stairs) to that location and open up that bedroom area so the living room is more open. It seems the sitting room and the family room serve the same purpose.
    So if you made those changes you would have the 3 bedrooms in the back (left side of the picture above). Then a larger living room and the dining room to the left of the kitchen. The front of the house has the men/guest room and then the top right room is the family/sitting area. By doing this you also give the visitors a bedroom area and a separate party/congregating area.

• PRO
    Dulcinea Designs
    8 years ago

Honestly, this is one of the worst plans I have seen. The house is too chopped up with too much wasted space in hallways. You will take a huge hit in resale...and sooner or later every house goes on the market. Ditch this plan and invest in a professional house planner or preferably an architect.

• PRO
    Susan Fruit Interiors
    8 years ago

Hire an architect or an experienced interior designer.

• PRO
    Loribeth Clark
    8 years ago

Is there a reason why you want to have your guests so isolated from your family? I am trying to understand the layout, but it seems a bit of a maze to me. There are no direct ways to really get anywhere. Is this a multiple storey home? I don't see any closets.

I would remove some walls from your plan. I understand wanting separate spaces for specific functions--I'm the same way, I did not want a completely open concept. However, with so many walls you lose a lot of functionality and flow.

Unless there is a cultural reason for isolating your guests, I would remove the wall between the living room and the hallway by the men room. Open it up, and welcome your guests to join you and your family in the living room. You still have the family room where you can have private family space.

In fact, I would remove that living room wall and the adjacent wall between the kitchen, dining room and hallway. This would allow those room to still be separate, but yet be open to each other in a way that would make entertaining your guests easier. It also eliminates several small doorways, and possibly allows for some natural light from the adjoining rooms to filter into the living room.

• PRO
    TaLord Interior Design
    8 years ago

Hello, I congratulate you on your attempt to design your dream home! You have thought through your spaces and how you want to live and entertain; a wonderful exercise! I sense there are many cultural/ethic priorities to your design which I am not comprehending. It would be fascinating to work with you! However, you need an architect. Your design would be inefficient to build and the room adjacencies are disjointed. You have much wasted space, rooms without windows, a lack of closets/storage, and I am not sure how to comment on the bathrooms. Please, talk through your ideas and sketch with a professional. They can listen to you and work out a plan for an efficient design that will not be as costly to build and will have a beautiful floor plan! Not to mention, the plan will meet your local building codes! A must! Good luck!

• PRO
    AquaTerra Outdoors
    8 years ago

We agree with a lot of the comments above; while we applaud your attempt to design the perfect home for you and your family it is best that you work with a design professional that will understand your needs and efficiently design your new dream home. Best of luck.

• aleanor
    8 years ago

I am guessing that you are looking for a way for male guests to come to the house without disturbing the lives of the women of the household who should be able to move freely, dressed in home attire, and not be constrained by the presence of men who are not of their family?

if that is the case, why not consider an option drawn from the traditions of the Middle East and china or Japan, where homes are build around central courtyards and where public rooms at the front of the house do not pass freely into the private parts of the home? Where you have a living room now, you might elsewhere have a garden with a fountain where all rooms but the vistors' spaces have access and might even look out at light and green.

If the house is southern does this mean that you are living in the south of the United States? In that case, such an option might be possible from a climate perspective, even if you wanted to provide shade with a vine covered pergola. I was in an afghan restaurant in Dushanbe yesterday and appreciated the grapes and apples growing over the table in the courtyard. In other places, such courtyards are made with glass ceilings to insulate against winter cold. These are things that, if well done, could really attract buyers later on.

That said, there is real merit in finding an architect who can turn your dreams into a practical reality appropriate for your setting. My architect LOOKED expensive at first but my friends were building right down the road and ended up spending more than I did because of poor calculations by their builders, inexact drawings, lack of early planning, etc.

Do your homework on sites that show floor plans (these exist in Arabic also, although I can't read them) but find an architect - perhaps a female architect who could interact with everyone in the family - in your area who knows how to translate what you are thinking into practical solutions appropriate for your region and climate and that would enable you to sell again once you are ready to move on.

Have fun!

• PRO
    jamsh
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thank people for your comments and your time ,

Let me tell you why i need the guest room separate from my house and i mean the
    Kitchen, sitting room , living room, family room, and the beds rooms

Its because the culture didn't allow the guest (mens) to come inside the house and I mean the living room and the others ,unlace he is from close family then he is good to come. it's only allowed them to stay on the guest room and thats why we design the dinning room for the guest .

So now the other rooms it's under my hand means i can do what ever change can be , and that why i asked for a help .

Its easy for me to find a design, but the design officers here all of them are same , following the culture .
    I need to change but without touching the the important side of the culture ,means the guest rooms

So any idea are welcomes and its really appreciated.

Thanks you Loribeth for your time
  • calidesign
    8 years ago

Hire an architect to give you the guest areas you need, but also provide a better living space for your family. If you explain what you need, they can help you. Your plan as is needs a lot of help, and trying to do it yourself won't give you good results.

• shelleylenick123
    8 years ago

I'm not sure about your lot size, but you could have this as a guest house connected to the home with a hallway or breezeway. This could also be used as Nanny or in-laws quarters in resale. This way it isn't completely removed from the main house, but not part of the regular living space.

jamsh thanked shelleylenick123
  • PRO
    Loribeth Clark
    8 years ago

Now it makes more sense. There is a cultural reason for giving your guests privacy.

Which rooms are considered public rooms that are open to both guests and family? I am assuming that is the dining room. Is the kitchen included in the public space?

Is space needed for your female guests? You have a men room for guests, but what about the women?

Which rooms are semi-public that family and very close friends are allowed to enter? Does the living room serve this purpose?

Do you need a separate sitting room and family room? Are both those rooms completely private only for the family?

Is there any cultural limitations regarding the use of pocket doors so spaces can be opened up more when you do not have guests?

jamsh thanked Loribeth Clark
  • hollywaterfall
    8 years ago

Well given the cultural restraints you have now outlined, I do not think anyone outside the culture or of the profession of architect can help you. However, I am curious to see the final result of your hard work. Please include pictures when this gets all settled.

jamsh thanked hollywaterfall
  • shirlpp
    8 years ago

Hello - As someone said above - can you create a separate space for the men. How much land do you have - maybe you can create something with a separate entrance. From my earlier response - yes, you would take down the wall between the sitting and kitchen. Can you create a separate entrance on that side for the men.

jamsh thanked shirlpp
  • amabyam
    8 years ago
    What culture are you talking about? We need A lot more information about exactly what can or cant be done to this plan in order to help you. The whole plan needs to be redone from scratch.
    jamsh thanked amabyam
  • PRO
    Dye's Design
    8 years ago
    I will help you with the plan give me till tomorrow and I'll send you a pic of the new floor plan with respect to your current outline if you like it contact me through email or comment joshuadye1991@gmail.com
    jamsh thanked Dye's Design
  • PRO
    jamsh
    Original Author
    8 years ago

1-I will create a separate space for the
    guest out of the house and I will include with it a bath and eating room, but
    not now,

2-The house columns was already built with
    concrete, cement and Reinforced concrete but not the walls

Means we can still change and move the
    walls

Answer the question!

Which rooms are considered public rooms
    that are open to both guests and family?

Family room, but only for guest women and
    the family whom owns the house

Is the kitchen included in the public
    space? Can be

Is space needed for your female guests? You
    have a men room for guests, but what about the women? Yes and they can use the
    family room.

Which rooms are semi-public that family and
    very close friends are allowed to enter? Does the living room serve this purpose?
    YES

Do you need a separate sitting room and
    family room? Are both those rooms completely private only for the family? Not
    sure but looking for now idea, but the Sitting room can also use by family and
    there close friends.

Is there any cultural limitations regarding
    the use of pocket doors so spaces can be opened up more when you do not have
    guests? NO

So below is
    a list of rooms that can be used by family and there close friend,

Family room,
    sitting room, dining room, living room, kitchen

We still
    have time to change and built more room and storage,

i have make the same plan but with more information. the Length and Width here no correct

• PRO
    jamsh
    Original Author
    8 years ago

my friend from Boston helped me with that and he asked me to post it for people comments .

• fuzinav
    8 years ago

Nice, clear drawings. Two suggestions; a sliding door (pocket door) between the kitchen and the dining room, and an entrance to the family Living Room from the front hall for easy access so family and close friends don't have to go through another room to get there.

• PRO
    jamsh
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    How about the living room now ? Its look open from everywhere
  • shelleylenick123
    8 years ago

I come from a middle eastern back round, we have large gathering's sometimes. You may want to consider having the formal living room beside the dining room, for the larger party type events. Sometimes you need to extend the table into the next room, such as the living room. By having a large opening between both formal areas would allow you to do that. If you are using large pocket doors this can work for you.

• fuzinav
    8 years ago
    Have you revised the living room?
  • PRO
    jamsh
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    No ,

Need help on that , it looks open from many side
  • fuzinav
    8 years ago
    It is nicely open to the back of the house, but from the front door, a doorway would be nice. Perhaps a double door,that could be pulled shut but be attractive and add interest to the wall that faces the front door.
  • fuzinav
    8 years ago
    Possibly my error, do only Men enter at the front? Would all females and family use the side door? If so, no need for additional interior doors.
  • PRO
    jamsh
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    From the front door only men can use it if there is a party, and females from the side door, bit while there is no party family and females can use ant door
  • PRO
    jamsh
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    The
  • suezbell
    8 years ago

If you haven't already started building that plan, and if the choices are yours to make, DON'T.

Find some house plan books and rethink what your doing.

Otherwise, opt for a house that is rectangle in shape with two (bed)rooms and the two "powder rooms" and a bathing room between them on each end of the rectangle; additionally, the home would have a huge center room that is a Great Room. At the back of the Great Room, there would be another room that is actually divided into two areas: half of it would be a mudroom or back entry room with hat racks and/or cabinet(s) for hat and coat and/or shoe storage and the other half would be separate laundry room.

The Great Room in the center of the home would have a family living room in the front, into which the front door would open, and a family dining area in the middle, with a countertop dividing the dining area from the kitchen. (Put cabinets underneath this countertop with doors facing both ways for storage. Have the countertop above these cabinets wider than these cabinets on the dining room side so you could sit at it in a tall chair as if it were a desktop to plan meals or do family bookkeeping.

The wall between that laundry room and mudroom should also be storage -- built in wall-to-wall cabinets facing the mudroom -- cabinets usable as storage for hats and shoes as people enter and need a place to put them and/or cabinets for use as a pantry for storage of food and cleaning and laundry supplies and items any family needs but doesn't use daily such as an ice chest or picnic supplies or items used when cooking outside on the grill or the quart of oil you keep on hand for the family vehicle.

Be sure to put an indoor window in the wall between the kitchen and mud room and put your kitchen sink in a countertop at this window so when you stand at the sink you are facing the mudroom and can have the benefit of natural light from the door and window in the mudroom.

Between each of the pairs of (bed)rooms should be two separate half baths or "powder rooms", each with a toilet and sink, with one powder room private to each (bed)room. Between the two private "powder rooms" would be another room with a tub (with shower fixtures) that you can get to by going through the "powder room". Each bath/shower room could be used by the occupants of either of the (bed)rooms on that end of the house.

Have the walls for all the (bed)rooms that are also walls for the great room have a clothes closet built all along the wall of the (bed)room to muffle noise from the (bed)rooms for privacy between the (bed)rooms and the Great Room.

The only hallways would be a small square one (at least 4'x4', maybe as much as 6'x6') between each pair of (bed)rooms, with the back wall of that hallway also being the wall to the room with the tub/shower. Besides the opening to the Great Room, there would be two other doors to that small square hallway: one door leading to each of the two (bed)rooms. You could even add a door from the 1great Room to the hallway to add privacy and muffle sound.

Have the roof of the home wide enough to cover a 8' deep porch that is as long as the house on both the front and on the back of the house.

You could add a private sunroom or screened porch (for smoking/sewing, etc.) on each end of the house, accessible via patio doors from the (bed)rooms on that end of the house. If you include a good exhaust fan in each "powder room" to vent smells and moisture, a window in the powder room might not be a necessity, however, a small high tented or frosted window in each powder room would still be a very good idea.

With this plan, the men can gather on one side of the house and the ladies can gather on the other side of the house easily enough, indoors or outdoors, and have privacy in any weather, and without chopping up your floor plan and wasting space on hallways. When the ladies and men want to gather together, they'd gather in the Great Room which would only have two doors to the two small square hallways. The door to the mudroom would be off the kitchen part of the Great Room and not in the family living room.

Another idea for if the men want privacy such as if the ladies in the family don't want smoking in the house where the children will be, is to build a garage separate from the house, attached only by a covered walkway, with an upstairs room for men only -- a "man cave" room with its private "powder room".

• PRO
    jamsh
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Suzebell,

The house columns was already built with concrete, cement and Reinforced concrete but not the walls, means we can do all your thought,

Would you draws that on paper ,
    Or send me a massage here ?
    Thanks
  • PRO
    jamsh
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I like your idea ,
    But how many bedrooms i will have if i apply your suggesting?
  • PRO
    jamsh
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    D.ia@live.com
    contact me

Thanks
  • Rami Gharib
    8 years ago
    if I would have the same space I'll use the small bed room to be the living room and swap it with the female room.
    then use the hall+Living room as female room as well it would be open to the kitchen to help the house wife serve her visitors easily without leaving them for preparation food or drink
  • PRO
    Dye's Design
    8 years ago

quick throw together of an idea concept

• threecreeksdesign
    8 years ago

I must agree with many of the others above, you need help planning this out. Here are some problems I noticed. There are some other things as well but these are the big ones.: (1) Huge, dark, wasted hallway leading to the bathroom in the public part of the house. (2) Living room is very cut-off from natural light. (3) There are too many walls. That being said, I do like the "flow through rooms" in your plan. (Where you must travel through a room to get to the other side instead of using a hallway.)

Below is my version of your plan. The proportions of the spaces might have to be edited a bit. I have added a courtyard as some others have mentioned above, I think that is a good idea. The squiggly lines are meant to represent windows. The one in the entry overlooking the courtyard would give guests a taste of what the rest of the house looks like without giving access to it. If necessary it could be frosted glass to block the view but still let in light. As far as I can gather, the Living room and the Family room would have very similar uses, so in my plan I have combined the two. Also, I wasn't sure if you intended to say "Setting" area or "Sitting" area. I made it into a breakfast nook/sitting area. If it does need to be a separate room, fit it in between the back door and the breakfast nook.

I hope this helps you. If you need me to do some better floor plans for you, please contact me, this is just a quick sketch. (BTW, it would be very helpful to know where this house would be located geographically. Thanks.)

jamsh thanked threecreeksdesign
  • PRO
    jamsh
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Dye,

Thanks man,
    I have response to your email,

Threecreeksdesign,
    I only can have the comtrol of the wells, not the, if you back to the first pic i post you will see many black point columns which was already built with concrete, cement and Reinforced concrete but not the walls,,

I like your idea , but what do you mean by courtyard?

The room with the kitchen its sitting room or breakfast room ,

I i will open the hollway front of the men entry with slide door,
    Kitchen and sitting will be open to the living room
  • PRO
    jamsh
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    The house in Saudi Arabia ,

Thank you ,
  • PRO
    Posh Places Inc.
    8 years ago
    I am an interior designer. I agree with one of the previous people that this floor plan is terrible. I just started a blog last week at poshplaces.net it's going to be a step by step how to design your home. I specialize in new home construction but we do total home renovations as well. For the size home you are building, you can do a much better job with the layout. You have several things going on here that are on my "must never do" list. You should never have to walk through one room to get to another.
  • shirlpp
    8 years ago

I have to agree with mtr1mtr2 - people all over the world are asking for advice, not just in the United States of America.

• threecreeksdesign
    8 years ago

Sorry, I did not realize the columns are already in place, I could have read that if I had reloaded the page before posting.

Saudi Arabia, I may not be the best person to advise then, I am in Canada.

By courtyard I mean an outdoor space surrounded by house on all sides. This could contain a small herb garden, flower garden, eating/ sitting area, or fishpond, ect. It could even have a glass roof if you want. If you decide to go without the courtyard, I would at least try to put some clerestory windows or skylights in that area.

I have redrawn my plan to work around your columns. This time it is overlayed on yours so that you can see that the columns are all taken care of. Hope it helps!

jamsh thanked threecreeksdesign
  • suezbell
    8 years ago

My printer/scanner is not working now so I can't post a floor plan so I tried several times to draw out the plan with my keyboard but the Houzz spacing changes it each time and makes it useless. Instead I'll try another approach rather than drawing.

dr = door

cl = closet

[] = walls -- where they are vertical, don't form a solid line, but, hopefully, you can see what I mean. The vertical [] aren't even straight -- they would'nt line up on this site.

The dotted lines are just spaces because this Houzz site erases my spaces when I try to draw a diagram with my keyboard as I press submit. Try to ignore the dotted lines or consider them beams for the ceiling if that helps.

The short solid lines that appear vertically on this drawing are intended to show the solid walls between the bedroom and the powder room, then between the powder room and the bath and then between the bath and the other powder room -- each of which has a door.

I did not try to add windows

If you already have your foundation in place, changing it will likely not work but since you asked for a diagram, I'm trying to oblige.

Back Porch

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] DOOR ][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

[]................................(cl)[]...................................................[](cl)................................[]

[].......boy's...............(cl)[]..................................laundry...[](cl)..............girl's.........[]

[]bedroom...............(cl)[].....mudroom ...........closet....[](cl)...............bedroom[]

[]_______ dr[]........(cl)[].......................... dr....................[](cl).........[]dr_______[]

[]pwdr rm.....[]door[][][][]...................kitchen.................[][][][]door[].,,,,pwdr rm[]

[]_______ dr[].................................................................................[]dr________[]

[]............bath..[].HALL...............dining room....................HALL.[].bath..............[]

[]_______.dr[]..................................................................................[]dr_______[]

[]pwdr rm.....[]door[][][][]..............living room................[][][][]door[]pwd rm......[]

[]_______dr[].........(cl)[]....................................................[](cl)........[]dr_______[]

.[].....guest................(cl)[]....................................................[](cl)...............parent's.[]

[]bedroom...............(cl)[].....................................................[](cl)..............bedroom[]

[]................................(cl)[].....................................................[](cl)................................[]

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] DOOR [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Front Porch

With the plan to which I referred with the Great Room in the center, you'd have four large rooms that could be bedrooms or used for any other purpose. Because they're on the ends of the house, you could even add a porch or sunroom and a private entrance. If you used three as bedrooms, then the fourth could be the men's den or guest bedroom.

Two of the bedrooms would be on the LEFT side of the house. Those two bedrooms would have three smaller rooms in between them for the two private powder rooms and the bath/shower room in between them.

Two of the bedrooms would be on the RIGHT side of the house. Those two bedrooms would have three smaller rooms in between them for the two private powder rooms and the bath/shower room in between them.

The living room and dining room and kitchen make up the Great Room, with the mudroom actually being a part of the kitchen and separated from the kitchen by base cabinets with a counter top and with the sink in it facing the mudroom. You could even put a table and chair in the mudroom so you could sit do some kitchen work such as snapping beans or peeling potatoes. The mudroom would have a large window across from the sink on one side, the back door in the middle of the exterior wall and on the other side of the mudroom would be the laundry -- a huge walk-in closet on one side of the mudroom for the washer and dryer (not the side of the mudroom with the window across from the sink.

You'd enter each of the two square hallways from the dining area part of the Great Room. When you step into the hallway, you'd be facing a solid wall that would be the wall to the bath/shower -- then to your right would be one door to one bedroom and to your left would be another door to the other bedroom on that side of the house.

I hope this actually shows what I was trying to convey.

Good luck with your project.

• PRO
    Posh Places Inc.
    8 years ago
    I saw that he is not building in the USA, however I would think that in every country they would want some natural sun light coming into all of the rooms of the home. Here is a more constructive thought that maybe he could consider...I think he should remove the of the living room and open it up to the family room and sitting room behind kitchen. Then remove the wall between the sitting room and the hallway he can redefine those two room by adding columns. He could also add light in the living with a great glass feature in the ceiling to creat somewhat of a solarium.

The master bedroom. What are the two small rooms on either side of the bedroom #2? It maybe looks like storage closets?? Or prayer room? Does anyone know?
  • PRO
    Posh Places Inc.
    8 years ago
    I just saw the cad drawing with all of the rooms added. I will do a quick drawing of my suggestions
  • salyamkyky
    8 years ago
    Hi everyone!
    I like so much most of advices here, but that guys, who drow plans are really really helpful! I would follow this design.
    the home builder, listen to them, to have rest in your future home.
  • PRO
    jamsh
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    @threecreekdesign
    Thank you so much for you nice comment and time .

Some suggestion advice from other people, let me know your opinion and other people

1- removing the entry between the sitting room and 2th bedroom, replace it with bath or powder rooms

2- Remove the bath between 2t bedroom and family room and , stick door there for the new room on the back of the house ( behind the family room) room can be ,sunroom or other

3 - switch the family room with 3th bedroom to make an easy access for females from other entry , with big windows

4- the females entry going be throw the door from the stairs which is 2.30 meter

5-regarding the access to the bath for guest room, any ideas of making it outside the room?

@Suezbell,

Thanks man for your thought .
    its looks difficulties for me to understand those lines

@ mtr1mtr2
    Thank you man , i appreciate your comments.
  • izzyglez
    8 years ago
    Hello, im not into design, but I know what it means to live in a country where the thermometer hits an average of 50 degrees celsius every day. Your home is just about the only place where you can cool down.

There are essentially two things which can keep the temperature down: vary shady spaces ( created either with natural shade from trees, or spaces with no direct sun-light) and Water.

Considering the above, and to answer some of the people who have posted here: not everyone needs or wants direct sun-light in their homes.

The Idea of a court-yard is the best: the walls create shade into the yard, and because there is light, trees and plants will flourish and will help the temperature considerably. If on top of that you can add a fountain.... This would be ideal.

You can check out some "Andalusien courtyards" but as these are based on ancient arabian architectural concepts, I can assume you know more or less what I mean.
    jamsh thanked izzyglez
  • PRO
    Timothy Rivers Interiors
    8 years ago

Hey there. I have a blog post that may help you out.

http://timothyriversinteriors.com/2014/12/24/masterbedroomdesignideas/

Happy Designing!

• threecreeksdesign
    8 years ago

1 and 2 - Switching the 2nd entry and the bath/powder room would work just as well in my opinion, maybe better.

3 - Switching the family/living room and the third bedroom would not be a good idea. A: The way I see it, (your family/culture may be different) the family/living room would be the gathering place for the resident family as well, that should be near the other core areas (specifically the kitchen but also the sitting room). B: I would think that there may be times when there are some females in the kitchen while others might be in the family room, if those in the kitchen want to be a part of what is happening in the family room while still preparing a meal. Moving it would make that very difficult.

5 - I am not sure what you could do other than leave that hallway and bath the way you had it. In which case, I would put a door from that hall to the hall that the stairs open onto. This would make them both a little less "dead, wasted space". (Not sure about you, but I like artwork, these hallways could make some nice "galleries" to display that sort of thing.)

Just realized that I had not even answered the original question regarding the master bedroom! Am I correct to assume that the area in front of the master bath is a closet area? If so, that is probably the only thing I would change. I don't like the idea of going through the closet to get to the bathroom, that is just my opinion.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.