kowsarc

How to use two load bearing and plumbing poles for kitchen island

kowsarc
8 years ago

I have one load bearing and one plumbing poles in the basement kitchen area in front of which I want to have a kitchen island, size 42"x100". We don't know how to put the granite around the poles.

One way we are thinking to have 100" long on the base cabinet, then extending it in the middle between two poles which will be about 48" making it a T-shaped island. Another way is to have 16" hanging in three sides including outside the two poles as if wrapping around the two poles making it look like rectangle island with two poles. Please let us know which one will look more eye appealing.

We also don't know if we should use wood or drywall to cover the two poles. The plumbing pole has a 45" corner on the top, and we have to make a 45" wooden corner instead of making a box to hide it. To match it, we will do the same to the other side. How could we make these two poles more attractive to match the Kitchen. The kitchen cabinets are off white (more like antique white with bits of blackish accent in the trims.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.