millymollypink

Wall colour for open plan living/dining

Amanda Snowe
8 years ago
Hi
We have just bought a house - a 1930's semi in Somerset, England. I've attached photos of the open plan living room/dining room. All decor and furnishings are previous owner's. We have ripped all the stone cladding and fireplace off and are reinstating an open fire in living room. We are sanding the original floorboards throughout.
I'd love some colour ideas for the room. The dining room window is south facing/living room north facing. I would like a very neutral wall colour - the looks I like are in my albums but we like an eclectic/ mid century/retro type look and we have a mid century dining table and chair set, starburst clock, Ercol armchairs, and have just bought an oxblood leather sofa. (Pic in comments)
Should I stick to one colour throughout? Thinking of an off /warm white? I'd really appreciate some ideas of colours to look at as family commitments leave me little time to peruse the paint stores and I need to make some quick decisions! Thank you:)

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.