rephotographer

Builder installed pot filler way too high. What should I do!?

rephotographer
8 years ago

I am at a loss for what to do... I feel like I've been steamrolled by my builder; we've had an absolute nightmare experience building our custom "dream home" and two days from our fourth promised close date -over two months after the original- I walk into the job site and discovered what I had recently feared. Yet another giant mistake and here I am beating myself up again saying, "I should have known to double check his work!".

I paid several hundred dollars for this feature (not including the fixture). I spoke with the plumber who told me that he had suggested his standard height to the builder back during rough-in time period. He told me that he typically measures 36" from the floor to find an approximate counter height (give or take the actual floor), and then takes it up another 16" or so.

This faucet is installed in the wall at 22" with the business end being exactly two feet over the actual grill and 26" from the countertop.

According to the plumber (this guy has a good reputation in our area) my builder told him to "put it there" because I told him "I have tall pots". WTF?! I never had a discussion with my builder about how tall my pots were. Our discussion was a basic, "I want this pot filler more for esthetic purposes over functionality. I'd like it to fit into the tile frame off to the right but please make sure it will reach each burner.". His response went something like this, " Oh sure, I've done plenty of these in recent projects. We'll take care of it."

Now he tells me that it's too late and it cannot be fixed. He says my only option is to find another fixture that will fit right (none will). I no longer care about my close date. I want this fixed as he has already really screwed up other major things in this project which I have already settled to live with.

Is the plumber's height standard? What is an approximate height for a pot filler?

Comments (58)

• havingfun
    8 years ago

I have two solutions. It is the end of the night. Hopefully you have a glass of wine in your hand. Tell the builder that you have tried , but not suceeded to

A) find even bigger pots

B) a rack to increase your height and length of arms.

This makes you out of options, tag he's it.

Remember, this is a fun process, like weddings, and you will have years of funny tales out of it. Could be much worse could be the bidet. lol

Actually that one really tickles rofl!

rephotographer thanked havingfun
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Clearly a lesson in the planning process, where no amount of conversation can replace a drawing with dimensions, a printed copy of the specs for the actual fixture on the building site, and housed in a computer file. Fixtures are chosen months and months in advance of an actual install in any remodel or build for exactly this reason. Toilets, shower heads and diverters, hand held sprays, lighting etc and on and on. All the rough ins far, far precede the actual installs. Leaving a single thing to chance, is to take your chances........period. Work at any site is unlikely to stop when a question arises....in fact the question will often not even arise. The task gets done, checked off and that is that. Install pot filler:. Check, Oops.

• Related Discussions

What windows should we choose?

Q

Comments (56)
    Hi Folks. The windows are in and I love them. I chose black slim profile aluminium chamfered profile. I've been delaying posting a picture because, as you can see the front drive isn't done yet so the house isn't set off very well in its surroundings. To be clear, the windows we replaced were already Everest replacement windows from the late 70's early 80's I'd guess. The only original glazing we had being external Crittal doors that were ffffreezing, so they have gone and the Crittal stained glass windows by the front door and chimney breast, which we've kept, though they need painting black to match the new windows. We haven't replaced all the other non-original windows, but will aim to do so over the years, when the cash flow improves. I managed to persuade my husband to at least agree to all the first floor front elevation windows being replaced, so now they are all the same when you view the house from the street. The windows of a brick built sun room, front right, that you can partly see, are probably going to be removed, to make that area part of the garden rather than the house. One thing I would say is that we are having a bit of trouble with condensation on the outside of the new windows, which was unexpected and made me quite miserable at first. It turns out we're a bit unlucky, it's a known, but not extremely common, issue with such good thermal insulation in modern double glazing and it depends on the aspect of your house and the dew point. Our front elevation is west and exposed, so cold in the morning resulting in condensation and our view being foggy until the air temperature rises. I've attached a poor photo to show a mild version of what I mean, it can be a lot denser and we have far reaching views from the upstairs windows, so disappointing. But I've got over it. The main plus point is that the rooms with new replacement windows are so much warmer than the ones which still have the old ill fitting wood and aluminium windows. I'm also really pleased that we chose the windows to be black on the inside too. A neighbour up the road has black on the outside, white on the inside and I think it looks really odd when the windows are open. Finally, all the houses on our road are completely different, so there is no uniting feature that ties them together, our windows couldn't clash with the windows in the other houses as they are all individuals, though I suppose you could say they are all clashing, but as we are fortunate enough to be in a big plot with the houses set well apart I don't get that sense. Thanks for looking and all the advice. It was really helpful.
    ...See More

Kitchen splash back, am i being too fussy?

Q

Comments (19)
    Those sockets would really annoy me- I'm miffed that the light switches at different ends of a room are out by this much! I would expect a much better job from a so called professional (I wouldn't except this from my husband who isn't). The gaping on sockets with bevelled tiles is a known issue but the gaps could have been filled. Again bleeding from dark grouts, but they should have advised that the tiles wouldn't work with the dark grout or used a tile sealer to prevent it. I've always drawn a tiling diagram, working out the best layout to avoid getting little bits of tile at the end, centralise on the wall or wrap around the corners.
    ...See More

Extension help which style should I go with? Picture 1, 2 or 3

Q

Comments (18)
    I have to say, I'm leaning towards option 1. As I may have mentioned in the past, I suspect the trend for grey and anthracite windows/doors/sofitts etc will end sooner or later and what folks will find is they're left with external features that date a house but would be expensive to fix. And whilst I like the look of the grey now, I also remember liking the dark wood windows in the late 80s at the time, but now think they date a property. :-/ (sorry to offend anyone who may have them).
    ...See More

What colour should I paint the wall that will work with the prints?

Q

Comments (45)
    Hate to throw a spanner in the works but why that wall? To me it looks like the space above your cupboards is crying out for attention. You’ve got a fab space to play with their so of it was mine, I’d match the tiles with paint and use the cupboard tops as shelves for display of lovely ornaments or rarely used (but aesthetically pleasing) kitchen and/or dining pots.....and in answer to the original question have the art wall white. Other than my suggestion if you leave the cupboard walls white then i‘d paint the art wall in a fave colour for impact (I see you have some red stools, go daring!)
    ...See More
  • User
    8 years ago
    Is this the same GC who screwed up on your bathroom countertop? Did he make good on that? I remember your frustration at not signing off on all of the changes you made from single to double sinks. Hopefully he came through and fixed the situation.
    Now a few weeks later this, you say it is only for aesthetics, not sure why you would go to the added expense just for looks, if you don't plan on using it. If the specs are wrong he needs to fix it. Hold off on paying him.
  • teamaltese
    8 years ago
    You're becoming the poster child of how NOT to build a home. And as most of us told you on your bath screwup, you really do need to get everything, especially changes, in writing, or be there all day, every day, to catch these things as they happen.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8 years ago

Sorry to hear about one more crappy thing but I do agree with team hands on every step is the only way to get things done how you want. Now this can be fixed but at best you will end up 50/50 I think as for installing this for looks that is just bizarre IMO and just so you know I think they are a huge waste of money you still need to carry the now boiling water to the sink so I would have the water line capped off replace the tile work that is damaged and call it a day.

• rephotographer
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you guys for responding. I can't help but get a sense of a condescending tone from you, Teamaltese. This tone was very present in many of the answers in my other question as well. ([Here[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/giant-expensive-mistake-who-is-at-fault-dsvw-vd~3469795) is the link for anyone curious.) In that case, the builder accepted responsibility but I was willing to work with him. We ended up cutting a 10' horizontal hole in the drywall to remove the sconces. Now there will be a giant mirror. I'm not exactly happy about it, but there was a deadline to meet. In turn, the builder paid to have both of the mirrors beveled and to repaint the laundry room a different color than I had originally chosen.

What I don't think Teamaltese (and a few of the other answerers from the previous post in the link above) can wrap his/her head around is that some of the people who sign up for Houzz.com are not in the home building/designing industry. Some of these people are regular folks like me who hire "professionals" with the expectation of guidance in the home building process. These people, because they are not the professionals themselves, entrust in the professionals they hired to make sound decisions. This is my first home build. How was I to know that my builder was blowing smoke up my rear? Sure, there are plenty of lessons that I've learned during this process. It seemed like some of the responders took much delight in telling me what I should've known to do. I now understand that I should've had things signed off with the architect. Lesson learned. Now it's damage control time. I don't think it's fair to expect me to have known that in the beginning when I was told on different occasions that things were great and I had nothing to worry about. As Renaissance Renovation stated in the master bath post, "... the reason a homeowner hires a GC or a builder is because they don't
    have the understanding of the construction process enough to be able to
    effectively execute a build or remodel from start to finish. They have
    a vision and they need someone to execute and offer guidance. That is
    why they hire us, and entrust in us that we will execute their vision
    from a technical and logistical standpoint. It is on us as the
    contractor to go over these specs with a fine tooth comb and make sure
    layouts sync up with all trades involved. That is what we are paid for.
    Who would ever allow the customer to set things like lighting
    locations where there are other aspects depending on those locations,
    without double checking them prior to..." .
    It makes sense.

And as far as the pot filler goes, I simply wrote: "I want this pot filler more for esthetic purposes over functionality.
    I'd like it to fit into the tile frame off to the right but please make
    sure it will reach each burner.". I suppose I could've typed out our conversation verbatim but I didn't think it was necessary. Of course I plan to use my pot filler. Why would I ask for the faucet to reach each burner? I'm not even sure if I used the word 'functionality'. What I conveyed to him was that I wanted it to look right first and foremost. Never did I discuss the height of my tallest pot, in fact -though I didn't tell him- I planned to purchase stock pots following move-in according to the faucet height. Bottom line, it shouldn't be this difficult.

Anyway, I just got back from the house for a consultation with the tile contractor. He said his end of the work would be fairly simple. $150. I'm now waiting to meet with the plumber.

• havingfun
    8 years ago

repho, do not feel alone. I have seen it many a time. Many, many people have problems with builds. Even if it was your third, you are not going to know everything there is to know. Hence the reason you hire them. The ones that always spring to mind are my mom's. She was there nearly every day. She fired the door painters, because they were high and painting the door in a rare high wind and the doors were covered in sand and stuff. Her kitchen window is off, because they did not truly believe you would not want a dishwasher. You can't open the upper cabinets with out hitting the light fixture, because somehow the kitchen ended up too narrow, and she did ask, more than once. her double glazed tinted windows, she found out a few years ago, were just the cheapest glass. she has a capped off wet bar, because naturally they would want one, even though she said no. and her hall floor only meets the baseboard half the time, because it is so warped. Oh yes and she has 2 floors in the family room, because they had to sand the first one down, to put another one on. They kept not using the whole roll of linoleum - big at that time. So she had several seams running through the floor.

Now, before anyone rolls in with choices. She had never had a house built. She went to neighbors and asked who was being used. He had won awards. He was out of business within 2 years of her build. Never having settled half of her claims. To this day, despite multiple replacements the flashing keeps failing.

rephotographer thanked havingfun
  • PRO
    Woodcrafters Group Ltd.
    8 years ago
    From this lengthy conversation I take it you acted as your own project manager and general contractor? I understand you frustration, my advice would be to have a site meeting with the plumber, builder and tiler to discuss relocating the pot filler. The conversation should include time lines, and costs as well as who will take on which task. I would also suggest have someone present to take notes so that everyone comes away from the meeting with an action plan and a clear understanding of who is responsible for what and when. P.S. Building and renovation projects are complicated and complex, and require patience and a sense of humour ...
  • shead
    8 years ago

Building a house is like signing up for months and months of physical torture. Honestly, I think I'd take waterboarding over it again. The lessons I've learned over the years is to not trust anyone, become knowledgeable, and double check everyone's work.

I had a contractor walk out on me on our last remodel at the end of the first week because HIS framing crew framed all our doors wrong because they didn't know how to read a blueprint....wth? They had no idea that a 3/0 door meant 3ft0in = 36 inches and therefore needed a 38 inch rough opening. They framed them all 32 inches because they thought 3/0 meant 30 inches. When I called the contractor to come back and fix them, he showed up at my house and lit into me for "How dare you question my framing crew?" When my husband pointed out that I, his wife, knew how to read blueprints and how doors should be framed in and it was rather concerning that the framing crew didn't know that, the contractor started cursing and yelling and left.

So rephotographer, do not feel bad. Mistakes can and do happen in the house building process. Don't accept mistakes that CAN be remedied (like this situation because it most certainly CAN be remedied). If they can't be remedied, you just have to know when to cut your losses.

rephotographer thanked shead
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    8 years ago

I'm a little late to this conversation but will add my two cents' worth. I actually don't think there's a problem with the location of the pot filler. I wouldn't want it too close to the burners because it could be affected by the heat on the back burners. It's up there and out of the way when not in use, but when you want it you can swivel it out and use it. You're not limited to a certain size pot because this one will fill anything.

However, if this really bothers you, best to bite the bullet and get it changed now, no matter what it takes.

rephotographer thanked Cynthia Taylor-Luce
  • User
    8 years ago
    If you can work with it, I would leave it. We have one in one of rentals and each time a tenant leaves it's always caked with grease and grime. If you use your range a lot, splatters will hit it if it's too low. You'll be constantly cleaning and polishing it.
    On being your own project manager, a GC is just that. He is not a designer but a builder. Each remodel we have ever done( over 35 years) has been managed and designed by my interior designer and then she hires the GC and we use his or her subs. That way she is responsible for all specs and handles any mistakes, at No cost to me. Of course, if I change my mind like wanting two sinks in the bath instead of one, new plans would be drawn up and it would be at my expense. I rarely did this because of the huge change order expense and it usually leads to more stuff having to be reengineered to accommodate the change.
  • havingfun
    8 years ago

There you go, flip the coin. Now if i owned it, it would always be spotless, cause i would never use it. could not reach there.

• rephotographer
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I'm trying really hard to make myself like its location. I think my main issue is that it extends over the tile liner. It looks pretty funky but maybe I could live with it. AND it'll remain cleaner than it would if it were lower ;)
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    8 years ago

You know, because the part of the apparatus that's next to the wall (where it's attached to the tile) is completely within the border (even though it's close), I think it looks acceptable from a design point of view. It's obviously something that moves and swivels, so it doesn't look odd that the free end is higher. I could live with it myself, but this is your house and you're the final judge.

• rephotographer
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks Cynthia, I'm coming to terms with it. The builder outright told me "sometimes things in life just aren't fair" after he said he wouldn't fix something that was still functional. My jaw hit the floor. Thank goodness this process is almost over!

• tfitz1006
    8 years ago

I'm biased, I don't care for pot fillers and I think it clutters what is a lovely tile job. I'd vote for removal. We could not have done our kitchen without a certified kitchen designer. Eight years later I still love it. They really knew what they were doing.

• havingfun
    8 years ago

i have heard that stupid saying hundreds of times in my life. I still do not get it. I always say that in my corner of the world they are, if not, i make sure that they are for those who come after me. I never understand how anyone thinks that is a good way to lead their lives!

• PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    8 years ago

Wow, whatever happened to "the customer is always right"?

Granted, the faucet does work/is functional, but if you, the customer, were to decide it must be changed, then he as a decent contractor, must change it. \

He's justified in charging you for it, because technically he didn't make a mistake since there was no measured drawing showing the position. However, for him to basically walk away from it when you're not happy is unacceptable.

You certainly are going to be able to compose a very detailed review of him online when the job is finished, and I hope you do. It's only fair to tell prospective clients what they can expect from this fellow.

On the other hand, I am relieved that you seem to be coming to terms with the position of the faucet. That will hopefully relieve your stress. Best wishes to you.

• tfitz1006
    8 years ago

I agree with Cynthia. A good contractor (i.e. one who wants future business from you and word of mouth good reviews) would at least split the difference with you.

• whirlwyn
    8 years ago
    Yes, homeowners hire architects, plumbers, and other professionals to know and do what we aren't prepared to do. But without details in writing and regular visits to check on your details, the pros are working with lotsa details in their heads. I've never built a house, but have purchased 2 from my uncle who told us stories abt why he visited the job site every day. 2 story 4 BR colonial. He added stairs up to attic instead if ceiling access thru 2 closets. In bus daily visit he discovered that the door jamb & stairwell had been enclosed in dry wall. No other homeowner had added that feature. In remodeling 2 bathrooms this year , we removed an upper chest on the vanity to offer privacy for the toilet and then Realized would be too dark. Vanity had been installed, sink holes already cut but not equal distant - causing 3 sconces, 2 mirrors off line for electricity. Because I was there to see how it was going w/o the upper chest, I could chat with designer, GC & electrician to fix it right then. We had a closet system installed and GC didn't want to paint the reconstruction room b/c it would be covered.it needed priming/paint that was included in the original bid, so we got it. So be sure to visit daily to see that you are getting what you are expecting. Good luck.
  • acm
    8 years ago

A few thoughts on the pros and cons of living with it.

1) probably can be used as installed

2) most people in the world have never seen a pot-filler, so it is unlikely to look off (or any stranger than the contraption itself) to visitors

3) overlapping tile border might mean you chip the molding when you push it back in place. if/when you use it, heh.

4) is it worth the fix to you if you have to pay to have that wall redone yourself? if so, it might be worth just doing that, since it seems like this contractor might be somebody you'd be glad to be rid of. (you could always try suing him for the cost later, if your spleen continues to bother you.)

so sorry this happened. I love rehabbing, but I think building from scratch would break me. I hope you find a solution you can live with.

rephotographer thanked acm
  • havingfun
    8 years ago

1 thought, Here i thought i was the last person who believed that cynthia, i am so happy to not be alone. so sad we are the only two left who believe in it.

• rephotographer
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Final product... it still bothers me that it's so high. Perhaps if it didn't cover the top line of the tilework. Either way, it's still nice.

• zzmom40
    8 years ago
    No one will notice and they will wish they had one! Your kitchen looks beautiful.
  • PRO
    Bayward Builders
    8 years ago

Bummer!

I'm with Kate..... have someone double check and see if the arms can be re-oriented. If the pivot joints can be dis-assembled, I don't see why the top (shorter) arm can't be flipped over and re-assembled. Doing so would lower things a good couple inches and might take away some of the sting of this ordeal with no loss of functionality or aesthetics. Good luck.....

-Bayward Builders, Berkeley, CA

rephotographer thanked Bayward Builders
  • Sunshine Harmon
    8 years ago
    You're kitchen turned out beautiful! Glad you came to peace with the pot filler. Getting ready to go measure and mark my gutted kitchen wall for my pot filler's location. I'm doing white ceiling height walls and brown island, and although cabinets, granite, and design was a breeze, I'm stuck on backsplash. Original plan was what you have here--white subway, (looks like 3x6"?). Are you cabinets true white? If so, can you share with me the specifics on this tile, and if they're gloss or matte? Thanks so much. (:
  • Sunshine Harmon
    8 years ago
    Actually, I looked again. They look glossy, and longer--which is what I think I need for scale.
  • PRO
    DePietro Design Associates
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I am not sure why your G.C. was installing a plumbing fixture in the first place. That is the job of the subcontractor (plumbing). Now, I know that each circumstance can be very unique. Which is the case when specifying custom add-ons or fixtures that are not standard. This is exactly why our firm works very closely with our clients to tailor their homes to them. So, unless the contractor asked you (which he should have) what the largest pot that you have that you will be filling was & you said that it was 20" tall. Then I would say that this placement height is quiet high. I would even consider the offset to the right to much for a (5) burner range.

On to the options for a fix:

1) Remove fixture, tile, & plumbing lines & reorient to an acceptable position. Then replace fixture, tiles & plumbing lines. (most costly option)

2) Reorient fixture arms as suggested by others if at all possible or consider flipping fixture completely upside down where it attaches to the wall - will only work if the spout end can be flipped as well. (cheapest option ?)

3) Remove existing fixture & return if possible to place of purchase. Replace with new fixture that is oriented with arms going downward verses the upward style of the existing fixture (cost effective & most likely solution) This will get you the look that you want - arms not interfering with the aesthetics of the tile boarder which you prefer.

I hope that this helps & you can relax & enjoy your home.

• rocketjcat
    7 years ago
    Old post from 2016.
  • Adrian Maslow
    6 years ago

I would suggest to just pay the money to have it done the way you intended. This isn't really a screw up on the plumber's part, because apparently you weren't specific about where to install it.

Generally, if you don't have experience with something, you have to pay alot more attention to the process, or you end up paying more money.

I totally agree with Teamaltese, and the post you linked had no condescending tone, it was actually very nice and sound advice. Personally I think it's a bit strange to install a potfiller for "aesthetic" purposes, but if you did, then really you should have said exactly where you want it rather than leaving it to someone else's subjectivity.

• Angel 18432
    6 years ago

Adrian 2015 post

• rephotographer
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Original poster here. I just checked my Houzz account for the first time in a long while and noticed all the comments since I last read through this thread. I apologize for never getting back to you, Sunshine Harmon!

It's been almost two years living with this pot filler and even though the height still annoys me, I am so happy that I thought to add it to our plans. I use it all the time!

It's almost comical though how high it is. If I fill a pot with water, turn off the faucet, and then realize I need a little more water, the addition creates a giant splash which is a pain because I am a stickler for a clean stovetop. I have to remove the grills every time to clean up water splashes despite how tidy I was with making dinner.

Bottom line, I know I'd be sad without the pot filler and yes, it could be lower but it doesn't bother me enough to pay someone to fix it. Our next home WILL have a pot filler.

• Angel 18432
    6 years ago

Good to hear from you and that you are enjoying your kitchen. Just a thought, did you ever get in touch with a plumber and see if there is any kind of vertical attachment you could add so the end a little lower?

• rephotographer
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Hi Angel, yes I did. His best suggestion was to completely swap it out with a fixture that would swing out from the bottom and to be honest, I never searched for one after that. I've dusted my hands and I'm through. Ha!

• kateovaska
    6 years ago

I know it has been a while but you could try to swap it for a pot filler like we have and I think it would look perfect. Its called the Rohl country pot filler. It is very affordable and comes down quite a bit from the hookup so I think all your problems would be solved!

• cbullette
    5 years ago

I'm having the same nightmareuuuuugh

• PRO
    Self
    5 years ago

I just came across this post. Sometimes the arms are able to be reversed, meaning the spigot at the wall could be rotated 180 degrees and the final arm removed at the swivel/pivot point, then reinstallled to facing down. Very easy fix. I see others have suggested this in other comments. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

• juliekartal
    4 years ago

@havingfun your original answer really made me laugh. Thankfully I do have a big glass of wine, because we came home to our nearly finished (after 6 months) remodel today to discover the exact same problem, and we even have the EXACT same pot filler as @rephotographer. FWIW for everyone else who arrives here searching for answers, we've looked into it and it would appear that with this particular pot filler it is not possible to inverse it 180° which was my hope. Like OP we are just going to live with it, sigh.

• Dustin Berning
    3 years ago

Instead of having a fixture that goes up, change the fixture to one that goes down. That should lower it at least 6 inches maybe 8.

• jrstevenson25
    2 years ago

This is the correct height for a pot filler. The purpose of a pot filler is to fill large soup stock/lobster pot sized pots with water. Most builders install them too low.

• stenoit
    2 years ago

We are just finishing up our nightmare kitchen remodel also. We too think our pot filler is too high. Any thoughts on that?? We’re debating having it moved down.

• M Riz
    2 years ago

If you can, definitely do it. There will be water splashing all over the place.

• Dustin Berning
    2 years ago

It is definitely up to high it will make a complete mess when you use it. Instead off ripping the wall apart replace the fixture with one that the arm hinges down instead of up

• Dustin Berning
    2 years ago

Something like this

• Angel 18432
    2 years ago

It's been six years - what did you end up doing?

• stenoit
    last year

Thank you for the advice. We ended up moving it down but in the meantime the upper arm got bent. The fixtures non-returnable at this point and we’re tired of fighting and our project is done. We will probably eventually replace it with another fixture but for now the project is done and we’re leaving it alone. What do you think does it look better?

• rephotographer
    Original Author
    last year

Hi! original poster here. I ended up leaving it as it was installed and resented my builder every time water splashed all over the place! Really though, I just got used to it and swore I'd never let the same mistake happen again. We've since moved (sadly) and in my new kitchen, I intend to have another pot filler installed because, contrary to what many others think, that thing got used ALL THE TIME!

• felizlady
    last year

Errors like this are the reason I hang around when contractors are in my house….I have a copy of my plans and a tape measure and since I also have the check book, I am also the inspector. If they have a question, I am there. Fortunately, a pot filler at that height will clear a big pasta pot. It will also stay cool to the touch if you have pots on the back burners.

• stenoit
    last year

That’s awesome but sometimes you’re just not able to be there if you have to work during the day. luckily ours ended up moving down and I think it looks a lot better.

• Bman StockNews
    3 months ago

Take pot holder out

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.