sheridan_morgan

Kitchen splash back, am i being too fussy?

sheridan morgan
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We just had our kitchen done and are mostly happy with it however feel the tile job and way the sockets have been done lets it down. We went for a bevelled metro tile with grey grout and metal socket faces which we asked to be recessed.

The grout is cracked and lumpy bleeding into the tiles and out from behind the trim, the spacing is out quite a bit in paces and the tile spacers show through, the sockets are stuck on top of tiles, skew and there are gaps behind them.

I wanted to get a second opinion as this is the first work we have had done on the house and not sure what level of finish to expect. Overall it feel it looks quite messy. I understand that the bevel makes it tricky but that's why we hired professionals to do it rather than try ourselves!

Any advice? Am i being too fussy?

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.