webuser_71660

Kitchen Diner area - sofa or table or both??

Tani H-S
8 years ago
We knocked through to make a kitchen diner and although we only ever sit at our peninsular table to eat, I'm not sure what to do when we come to sell the property (in a few months).
Parents think the dining table should stay to show its a dining room (but just having 2 chairs rather than 4 as it looks cramped) and I recently moved the sofa from that back wall (where the table now is) into the centre of the room.

Please ignore the mess - the dogs use this sofa during winter so everything is dirty, lol!

If anyone has any ideas on how to improve the area for selling purposes then I'm all ears!

In summer the idea is that you can sit with the bi folds open to look out onto the garden and decking. I will get a small coffee table as well for the sofa.

Ultimately, is the room better with both table & sofa to show it can take both, or does it look too cramped?

Comments (31)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.