anibk

In what order should I paint walls/doors etc?

anibk
8 years ago
Hi,

I'm about to embark on painting a newly built loft space of a few rooms including a bathroom. The picture shows it half done- the bathroom has a much bigger flat ceiling.
I have freshly plastered walls which are almost dry, mdf skirting boards and architraves which have been primed and sanded but not filled in the nail holes, pine door liners (which need knotting) and oak veneer doors that I intend to do in a very soft sheen varnish- they can't be oiled.
I've painted before many times but never on new walls and I want to do it like a pro!
So- do you have any advise so I can be most time efficient and possibly get started on woodwork whilst waiting for plaster to fully dry (10 days approx) or do I have to wait and do the walls first?
And I'm not sure if you can recommend brands on here, but we can get a good price on Dulux, so any specific products of theirs you can recommend (unless there is something of theirs that isn't good and you have a better product) that would be great to know- such as whether it's worth using the diamond paint? We are definitely using their trade grade of paint.

Thanks so much!

A K

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.