jessica615

Please please help! Urgent advice on decor!!!

jessica615
8 years ago

We have converted our garage into a TV room / den / playroom.We'd originally wanted to do away with our usual super conservative taste and paint it an orange or green or something else that was fun and playful (even a more conservative blue) but then we started worrying that because it is not a huge room (about 5m x 2.60m) it would look even smaller. So we thought we'd start off painting it a conservative off-white. It now looks like this (please ignore the spare fridge freezers in the middle of the room which need to be removed). There is a window (1.5m width) at the far end behind them:

Closed door leads to other garage and open door to kitchen.

This door in this last picture leads to the other garage.

We have bought a sofa like this one for one side wall (or maybe under the window?)

We're hoping to move this unit which is currently in the dining room but which is modular and therefore really practical for the TV room / playroom on to the wall opposite the sofa (obviously without the books and silver):

And we are thinking of oak look flooring.

However, I'm now worried that we're ending up with a really plain room. What can we do to brighten it up? Should we, for example paint one wall behind the sofa orange or some other bright colour? Or should we put a border around in a bold colour? Just worried that it''ll bring an already low ceiling even lower.

Please, lovely people, HEEEELP!!!!! Builders close to finishing and we have no clue what we are doing!!!

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.