vicky_kingsnorth

Odd worktop space in the kitchen

Vicky Kingsnorth
8 years ago

I have recently moved into an old bungalow and am renovating the kitchen on a tight budget. In one of the corners there is what I can only assume used to be an old chimney of sorts? A corner triangle of brickwork that reaches from the ceiling down to about 45cm above the work top. At its deepest it measures 40cm, and the worktop is a standard 60cm depth so there is quite some overhang. It makes it pretty impractical to use as functioning worktop/kitchen preparation space because you're quite inhibited. However I'm struggling for inspiration on how to use it otherwise? Do I create triangular open shelving for storage? Or a bespoke feature wine rack? Or do i stick a house plant in there and be done with it? What would you do please? I'm normally quite creative and good at this stuff but this one has me stumped. Unique and/or practical ideas very much welcome please! Thank you!

Ps ignore the decor and all the toot everywhere. That will all change anyway. As i said we've just moved in so its all a work in progress currently.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.