csmrunning

Hall, stairs & landing

Caroline Murphy
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I've had my hall replastered and choosing my carpets and paint. It's fairly dark space with only morning sun. I love the carpet below (picture) but need help. I'd put the carpet on the stairs and have the hall floor in the same solid oak as the living room. My problem is as the carpet reaches the top of the stairs. There are no custom made plains to match the stripes and the best I can find is the creamy colour. I'd love to find a chocolate colour to match but can't. My other option is to continue the oak upstairs. what do you think, cream carpet or oak wood?

Also, what colour should I use on the walls and paintwork? Thought about timeless.. The living room is little green rolling fog & rolling fog mid with rolling fog pale on woodwork

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.