rachel2482

Need help with Scandi style furniture/colour scheme for living room

rachel2482
7 years ago

I'll soon be moving into a small, recently renovated 19th century cottage. My preferred style is a mix of Scandinavian/Eclectic/Industrial.

I haven't bought any furniture for the living room yet, save for a 1950s armchair. I had this reupholstered in "tan leather" (my original request) yet the end result - whilst well done - is more of a terracotta/rust colour.

I also don't know what sofa to go for. I had a lovely &tradition wood framed sofa in mind (picture attached). But I'm still not 100% sure whether this will "work".

I'm not sure how to proceed on anything else. I can't seem to settle on a colour scheme - much less a rug, cushions, throws or pendant light - and would like to work in a limited no. of patterns and colours.

I've attached:

- One pic of the living room (now completely empty; this furniture was only there during the house sale);

- One pic of my reupholstered chair

- The sofa I was considering buying

Any suggestions/ideas would be MUCH appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.