lspendl828

Living room thoughts on chimney breast and window dressings

lspendl 828
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I've ordered a new fire/surround, in Portuguese limestone, picture attached, but before it arrives, I'm contemplating having a fake chimney breast built.

There's no chimney breast in the living room, it being external to the house wall, and so is a little bit featureless to my mind (although hubby disagrees!). The feature it does have though, is a window on either side of the fireplace. Picture attached.

Should I have a fake breast built or forget that and go with the new surround on its own which is actually a bit bigger, in both height and width, than the current one.

Also, getting rid of the vertical blinds, thinking about wooden venetians or perhaps a Roman blind for the small windows on the fireplace wall.. Should I forget the curtains on these little windows.

Thanks for your thoughts/input.

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.