yan_white

Need help designing this bathroom

Yan White
7 years ago

Hi,

I am in the process of designing this bathroom in my own home for a full refit.

The toilet is moving from the back wall (opposite the bath/shower area) to the exterior wall (next to the window) for better soundproofing, as shown in the sketchup photo. Currently the cistern refill can be heard in the bedroom next door so not ideal for late night and guests.

Other than that layout is basically the same, except the shower will move to the door side, away from the window.

Given that the room is kind of an odd shape with lots of angles, I need recommendations for choice of flooring and tiles for a balanced harmonious feel, as well as overall colour scheme and furniture, how many walls to tile etc.

I am thinking a fitted cupboard would make good use of the space on the back wall where there is a kind of alcove.

Mainly why I am struggling with this is that the online bathroom designs all seem very different from my space and I prefer a practical, easy to maintain, organic contemporary style (eg bamboo). I also looked around for bathroom designers and they all seemed super high end or focused on adding too much shiny glamour.

I have a good bathroom fitter but no real input on design or materials other than general practicalities.

Having the sink under the window is nice but makes using a mirror difficult.

Any sharp-eyed designers out there could give me some tips?
I would happily pay £500-£1000 for a service that could complete a great design and source affordable tiles, flooring, fittings and furniture.

The sketchup photos show my initial ideas for tiling..

Thanks

Comments (21)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.