cocora

Tiny bathroom design - Help!

Coco
8 years ago

Hi all! I just bought a tenement flat in Edinburgh, and the tiny bathroom is driving me crazy. The problem is the shower space (750mm x 750mm).

The space is 1.90 metres long (from the door) x 1.40 width.

This is how it looks atm:

I was thinking about throwing down the wall between this bathroom and the bedroom behind it, and create a little bit more space for a nice wet room, adding about 0.30 or 0.40 centimeters to the width of the bathroom.
My dilemma is between resizing the complete length of the wall or doing space only for the shower and leaving the wall as it is behind the basin.

If I do the later, it would mean a little bit of space in the bedroom to put some nice shelves:

And the bathroom would look like this:

Another thing I'm trying to figure out, is if it would be better to do the extension (full or partial wall) re doing the whole high of the wall, or doing it at 2.30 high only. Keep in mind that this flat have ceilings 3.30 metres high!
Is any advantage in doing this in regards with the supporting beams? I think that doing it partial high, means that I can put a supporting beam in the wall, and it would be shortear and easier to do, but I have no clue.... Help!
Any advice will be highly appreciated!

Comments (21)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.