jamesrbell1

Structural double story extension

James Bell
7 years ago

Hi,

We have a 50's 4 bed semi. We're a fair way though but have hit a bit of a roadblock when it comes to our structural engineer, architect and builder. In as much as we had plans with clean lines running throughout the main extension. It transpires that may not be possible now so we're effectively treading water and wasting time going back and forth. Seeking some advice on what may be possible, work better and ultimately look good.

I have attached a copy of what the house looked like originally, what is looks like as of today and hopefully the plans.

To summarise, we are extending by 4m on the ground and approx 2m on the upper. We will have bifold (4) on the left as you look at it, a wall then bifold window not the left as you look at it (with bar stools outside).

Love to hear people's ideas. Thank you.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.