lisaa7x

beds'n'baths

lisaa7x
7 years ago
I live in a 3 storey house with my husband and 3 children. Our family bathroom is currently on the ground floor (pic.3),with a shower room in the basement which I would like to make separate toilet and utility. We have 3 bedrooms on 1st floor (pic.2) plus an attic room (without building regs approval - pic.1). Obviously I would prefer bathrooms and bedrooms together. I'm considering a dormer extension in attic for master bedroom with en-suite. But the family bathroom would still be on ground floor, unless I lose the double bedroom at back on 1st floor to create a bathroom and move my teenagers bedroom to the ground floor. Another option would be to move the stairs forward, making the single bedroom at the front a small box room or maybe losing it altogether (pic.4). Please help?

Comments (3)

• Nural Choudhury
    7 years ago
    Is your kitchen and family room in the basement? Ground floor I would knock the wall through and have as a larger family room. 1st Floor master bedroom and family bathroom. 2nd Floor two bedrooms with a shared bathroom removing the box room. 3rd double bedroom and shower room.
  • PRO
    Create Perfect
    7 years ago

Image four looks like the best use of space if you have room and are able to move the stairs like that? I would not compromise on the number of bedrooms in the property.

If you are able to add a en-suit to the upstairs space this would make a very impressive home and hopefully add to the value of the property too (depending on your costs).

It would be good to see the other floor and the space available in case there are any other options available in switching room uses around. If you would like to email them to gina.everett@createperfect.co.uk I can take a look for you.

All the best, Gina

• lisaa7x
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thanks for your comments. Our kitchen, family room is in the basement with separate shower room.
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.