mari_fflur

Bedroom wardrobe / ensuite dilemma

Mari Wiliams
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi all

We're renovating an Edwardian semi. Ideally, we want the master bedroom (5.1x4.1m max) to have an ensuite and fitted wardrobes and to be quite clean-looking and clutter free.

It's a 7-bed house so we're going to turn the adjacent small bedroom (2.8x2.1m) into either an ensuite or a wardrobe. Question is, which one?

Option 1: turn small bedroom into ensuite and install fitted wardrobes in alcoves. This is probably the option I'd favour, but given you'd need a new door into the ensuite, where then do you comfortably fit a king-sized bed?

Option 2: turn adjacent bedroom into walk-in wardrobe and build ensuite into master bedroom (taking a chunk of another bedroom). I'm not sure this is a very elegant solution and the ensuite would be windowless, which isn't ideal.

Below are the 'as is' plan and our architect's plan of option 2.

Any bright ideas would be much appreciated!

Below: 2 photos of master bedroom.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.