davedrivesamini

Extending: where to put kitchen

David
7 years ago
Looking for some suggestions. We're having an extension built that will create a large open plan area at the back of the house and a utility and wc at the side of the house. The open plan space will contain kitchen, dining and living space (there is a separate living room at the front of the house that will most likely become a play room). The kitchen will move as the space it currently occupies is the part of the open plan room that you enter from the hallway. I can't work out how to configure the space: spaces A B and C on the plan could all conceivably contain the kitchen, but which would be best? I like the idea of sofas near the garden for the view, I think the front play room should be visible from the kitchen, and I don't want to brick up the internal opening between front room and rear open plan space (currently has double doors - the only remaining original feature). The garden is SW facing.

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.