citizenerased

How to give this bedroom the big 3: character, comfort and cosiness.

Zach W
7 years ago

Hi, everybody!

I've having some difficulty picking a direction for my bedroom, so - given how great the advice has always been - thought I'd come here for some help.

The room itself is in a new build, so is very bland - I think it mainly needs some character to make it seem cosy and comfortable. The house is owned so no issues with drilling etc.

I think the big step is a paint colour. I'm leaning towards blue or grey - in the blue/grey crossover, to be rather precise. Definitely open to other suggestions though.

Just to add a few things:

1) The door that's not the entrance is to a walk-in wardrobe, so I've a clothes rail in there with the rest of my clothes in.

2) The bed is a storage one, so has plenty underneath it

3) The blue chair is one to go - I've just put it there until it goes.

4) The black thing hanging on the ridiculously-plain wall is a TV mount. I think the TV works better on the chest of drawers so might remove this.

5) I feel curtains would play a big role in cosiness.

6) The main bedding is all white/ complements the blandness :). The one on at the moment is space.

7) The room faces West.

I hope that sheds some light. I can get some measurements if people would like. Here are some pictures to give an idea:

If you've any questions, just let me know. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.