clairef09

Chimney Breast Decoration

clairef09
7 years ago
I have a chimney breast feature in the living room and I would like to make it a stand out feature and want to build the look of the living room around this. I love the stone and wood effect looks but I haven't been able to find any advice on how to practically execute this! I asked our joiner about it and he said you would need to put the tiling round the entire chimney breast (including sides) and then the corners could be potentially hazardous. If that's the case can anyone advise what they did if they tiled a fireplace? Or is there a different material that i could use? Any advice would be great!!

The first pic is of my fireplace but the hole will be filled and the light will also be removed. I will be putting my TV on there and a ribbon fireplace. The other pics are ones I love!

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.