citizenerased

Fixing the plainest bathroom ever

Zach W
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

The only way to describe this space is "bleh". It's so bland it's almost criminal. The massive upswing is that it's also new and magnolia, so is prime for fixing. I'm hoping your suggestions can liven it up a bit!

I'm open to anything except "major work", ie. I'd rather not remove any existing tiles or set fittings. I was a bit unsure what would go with the wall tiles already in place, but then stayed somewhere that had a blue tone (with green hints) that worked wall, and made be think that a paint may work. I also think I need to do something with that plain wall on the left, but figured that artwork may not be wise, and that fittings may get in the way/ make the space seem almost cramped if you have to avoid them when walking in. That said, I could use somewhere to put towels, bedding etc as I don't have a linen closet or anything like that (although could put them elsewhere so it's not a major issue).

The wall to the right of the sink is also a shame. The fittings you see are for a towel rail that get tired of working. I can easily put it back on but thought I'd wait to see if anyone had any suggestions for what else could go on that wall.

As always, thank you!

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.