maxmum28

Hanging bedside lamps versus wall-mounted or table lamps?

maxmum28
7 years ago

We are creating a small master bedroom (with big picture window) in our loft and are wondering about hanging pendant lights on either side of the bed versus wall mounted moveable ones that you can angle or traditional bedside lamps. The hanging pendant version seem very trendy at the moment, but are they just a passing fashion that will move on? Also, when I see pictures of them, everyone seems to position them directly above their bedside tables, whereas if you genuinely want to read in bed, surely you would need them mounted directly above were each of you lie so that the light comes directly down on you and your book? I appreciate that this probably doesn't look so cool, but I do want to use them as reading lights. I know you can get wall mounted ones on an arm where you can angle the light to hit your book which probably win-out in the practicality stakes, especially if one of you wants to stay awake reading while the other sleeps next to you, but I suppose these don't look so stylish. I should probably also mention that we are on a budget so will be getting a decent value version of whatever we go for. Does anyone have any helpful views on the pros and cons of each option from both a design and functionality perspective? Thanks.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.