martinjho

Stacking different Miele models?

martinjho
7 years ago
We are in the process of selecting our appliances for a kitchen remodel, and as things happen, our 'mid-level' budget has quickly blown up! For example, we went from a $4-5k budget for the fridge to deciding to 'invest' in a SZ 42". lol

Our dilemma is this: we went from a rangetop and double oven to deciding on a range -- the Bluestar 36" RNB -- mostly because we liked the idea of having one gas and one electric oven, as well as a full size (e.g. Full cookie sheet sized) oven and then perhaps a smaller oven that we would use more often, for faster warmup especially when we have just one maybe two dishes.

Painfully long and drawn out research process short, we have ended up looking at the Miele 24" speed oven AND Miele 24 steam oven. We are thinking about getting the M touch line steam oven for a handful of reasons (master chef options particularly bc of the newness of cooking w steam and combi options; plumbed water line and drain) but for the speed oven, we really only need this mostly for the microwave (popcorn) and maybe when we need to make tots/fries for the kids (though arguably that can be done w the steam oven), so we are thinking about just getting the direct select model.

Question is: would stacking the direct select Miele and the m touch be a faux pas? The customer support person at Miele didn't think so, the mgr at the experience center at Miele Chicago thought possibly not though suggested maybe upgrading the speed oven to the mid line for the clean screen look, and then our Abt rep was the most hesitant given the two looks.

I have leaned so heavily on this forum for advice and suggestions (other posts -- this is my first!) and thought I'd see what the empassioned folks here might think...

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, opinions and perspectives! :)

Incidentally, the Miele customer rep sent me a photo of a stacked direct select and m touch, though they're both steam ovens w diff handles and I would want to stack the direct select on top... (higher microwave)

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.