karenslater261162

Front door colour/style

We are having our house remodeled and for one reason and another have ended up not having the oak porch we originally planned and now have a real dilemma deciding on the colour and style for our front door.

Here is a picture of how it looks at the moment.

The side rectangles and the triangle above the door will be etched glass as will the side panels, and the render will be slightly off-white. There is a garage door to the left of the house which is slightly set back but will need to work with the door. We have also planned for sawn oak posts outside the front door, and the garage door. These will sit on top of brick piers with wide steps and the entrance is about 3ft from ground level - not quite sure on these yet either.

I am thinking of painting the door in something like F&B Railings (or maybe even black) with a traditional style door (six panel, as below, as it needs to be off the shelf), with chrome fittings and painting the door & frame white. Originally, when I thought the porch was going to be oak, I was thinking of a green/grey colour but now think that I might need the stronger colour.

Also, where I have the etched glass - do I have a clear border around the side panels and a clear number in the etched traingle?

Help!

I'd really appreciate your thoughts.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.