spaceforart

Which flooring to choose?

spaceforart
7 years ago
I have to make a quick decision regarding flooring for my new apartment. It's a choice of a pale grey or a spotted gum. I've included kitchen colours in photo. The flooring will go in kitchen and living dining which is one open area. The grey matches very well with kitchen and carpet(in bedroom) but I'm concerned that the pale grey will date and restrict furniture choice. I had bought some timber furniture in light oak colour which I'm not sure will now work on a grey floor? The spotted gum on the other hand might look too stripy and sometimes I don't like the look of different coloured wood furniture on yet a different coloured wooden floor. The apartment will initially be rented out and I'm going to fully furnish it but then I'll be moving in and will use the furniture that's in there. My personal preference is for a Scandinavian look but which floor works best?? I'm also happy to sell the few oak pieces I've bought and buy different furniture if I need to.
Thanks for any advice.

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.