josefinaboston

East London townhouse - advice on changes in kitchen?

Josefina
7 years ago

Hello! We are moving into our new house in east London in a few weeks and have decided to do the kitchen ourselves. We are keeping the basic structure, as in approx 3 years we'll do an extension, so want to keep changes small until then/not spend too much. Here is what we thought (pics from estate agent):

1. Remove plastic worktops with DIY concrete worktops + change backsplash, taps and sink
2. Want to paint the whole kitchen white (currently in a dull blue/grey)
3. Take away all cupboards on top and replace with open shelving (old reclaimed wood or metal industrial shelving)
4. Paint the lower cupboards - QUESTION: What colour and is it even possible to paint these ones, they are in plastic?
5. Open fire place - it is an original, but hate the look of it. QUESTION: Would it look good if we painted it? Can you paint it (it is stone)?

In addition to help with the 2 questions above, I would love to hear any ideas you might have that we can easily change/upgrade ourselves - other than listed.

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.