sarah878

Velux skylight size and spacing

Sarah W
7 years ago
Currently struggling to decide if we go with more smaller velux or less larger in our single storey extension. Two options shown in pictures but there are many other variables. I like these from a symmetry perspective though. It's a north facing property so currently trying to balance maximising light with cost and privacy (it's a semi detached house and we are also somewhat overlooked from the other side of the house too). One school of thinking seems to be go for less as you apparently just end up putting blinds on them anyway and it's a more cost effective solution. Does anyone have experience with this? Do you wish you had added more or less? Did you decide to go for all electric opening versus maybe just one electric opening and the rest manual opening? We will have bifold doors but I assume it's still desirable to be able to open a window when cooking? The dimensions of the extension are approx 8m long by 5m wide. Any thoughts gratefully received.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.