robyn_jaquet

What to put around hob, shelves,cabinets, or box shelves?

Robyn Jaquet
7 years ago
UK poster here. My preferred style is modern eclectic. Trying to decide what to put around the hob.

Kitchen run along wall is 2 eye level ovens with cabinets above and below, worktop with drawers underneath, 90cm hob, worktop with drawers underneath again, then fisher paykel French door fridge and finally pull out larder and cupboard underneath.

Units will be Matt white... I think... and a flecked composite/quartz worktop. So I wanted to add timber shelves or timber box shelves but have concerns about things getting greasy. Going for a Falmec hood so should be very effective for extraction - 1000m3/h - and have been dreaming of display shelves of some kind for years.

Another possibility is to do a built-in Falmec extractor hood with 30cm high cabinets matching either side of the hood, and then a single elegant timber shelf underneath. Not as exciting as I'd like but could be a solution?

Final option, is to move hob to island where we currently have the dishwasher and a prep sink. However, I have not ever considered this option because I did not want a greasy island that needed constant cleaning. Also we have a skylight which will be right over the island so the extractor would have to be set slightly behind the placement of the hob below it. Because of the skylight there is no way to situate the extractor directly over the hob.

Have any of you put shelves like this either side of the hob?how greasy do your cups or bowls get? If you put in shells, do you wish you had put in cabinets?

Sketches below are mine. Feel free to comment on anything else that doesn't look right!

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.