yasminchopin

Feature art wall

Art Wall · More Info

Natalia’s first home! It was such fun helping her to get the look she wanted. I was initially invited for a 2 hour consultancy session which took place before she moved in; we talked about decor, storage, window dressings, furniture layout, wardrobe design, accessories and an art wall. It’s amazing how much you can cover in a short time and when I left I know Natalia’s head was spinning… in a good way!

Art Wall · More Info

Happily she called me back once she had the keys to the apartment and asked me to design the art wall which had now become the focus of her attention. Natalia showed me the website she had found… Desenio.com. She loved almost everything on it so I asked her to draw up a wish-list!

Room layout

This is a 1-bedroom apartment in a period property conversion. The lounge is rectangular in shape with a beautiful window in the long wall and the door to the hall on the other. The kitchen units run along one of the short walls and the art would be placed opposite. I took into consideration the size of the doors on the kitchen units and decided to balance this by choosing large format framed prints instead of smaller ones. We had discussed the furniture layout so I knew a sofa would be sitting in the corner of the room and I felt this ought to be integrated and become part of the design.

Decorating

We wanted the ‘wow’ factor to do this lovely property justice and it took only a little convincing from me for Natalia to use the dark coffee colour (Royal Academy Basilica) for the short walls and a warm white (Fleur Snow White) for the rest of the walls and ceiling. Both colours are available online from paint supplier ColourandPaint.com. During the Christmas holiday break Natalia got out the paint roller and did some DIY! She didn’t have a hammer though… oh dear, I feel a song coming on… so I took a few bits and pieces with me when it came time to hang the pictures.

Affordable art

This art wall came in at around £300 – and yes, it is ‘wow-ing’ all Natalia’s friends. We were both pretty pleased with our handiwork too!

Art Wall · More Info

With grateful thanks to photographer Christian Payne aka @Documentally. And thank you Desenio and ColourandPaint for being so supportive. See my Houzz profile for more photos of this project.

Natalia had never used an interior designer before - see what she says about the experience.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.