evelyn_zhang53

Use Internal glass screen to brighten up room

Sunny Day
6 years ago
We are planing to remodel the ground floor layout of our terrace house. One of the issues we are facing is that the house is really long and narrow so we are concerned that even if we knock it through the middle room (which we intend to use as dining room will still be dark). My thought at the moment is to replace the wall separating the corridor and dining room with a floor to ceiling Crittal style glass screen. Have any of you seen people done that before? Do you think if it is worth spending the money doing it?

To better illustrate, I've done some rough drawing using online software. I've also attached here a photo of the crittal style internal glass screen I have in mind.

Also let me know if there are any other better or cheaper way to solve this light problem. Note that we cannot remove the separation between dining room and corridor due to fire regulation (this is a 3 storey terrace house).

Thank you!!!!!

Comments (21)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.