azim_husain

Door to Garden - pole or track?

The Zimu
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi there,

I could really do with your thoughts around dressing this doorway to the garden. We're stuck between the decorative / traditional look of a curtain pole versus having a track.

Dimensions - recess is 215cm wide. A John Lewis fitting service recommends 25cm on each side of the recess for the curtain to bunch. The track would likely sit flush against the roof skirting board. We want light / thin curtains here to let in natural light all the time - no blackouts needed.

For context this is a largish area combining living and dining. The dining table would sit perpendicular to this doorway, about 1.5-2m in. The other half of the space is the living area, which will have roman blinds hanging from the roof skirting board - not a curtain.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.