pauljhyde

Colour advice - dark wood skirting/grey wall/warm oak floor

pauljhyde
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi All :) Seeking advice on wall colours for our brand new home. Victorian weatherboard circa 1912 construction. Looking to contemporarise a little but maintain the character. Room 1 (pictured) is going to be our lounge room / den. We have beautiful original floorboards throughout that are very warm which contrasts with the dark skirting, fireplace and picture rail. The tiling is a maroon which is probably why the original owners went with that for the walls, but it's a little full on for us. Furniture neutral as we don't have anything so just looking for thoughts on colour for the walls. Thinking a light grey up until the picture rails then white above. Do you guys think we need to paint out the skirting boards and fireplace wood to a white as well? Hoping not too so we keep the dark wood feel... will the dark wood go with the grey?

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.