sonali_hindmarch

Can’t decide what to do with this flat - help!

s eh
6 years ago
I posted this question over on mumsnet and they suggested I put it here also! Here goes...

We’ve bought a flat but don’t like the layout. It has one large, windowless “bedroom” at the back and we need to change it.

The bathroom and ensuite (if knocked through) would have a window.

We have two children so would really like three bedrooms if possible...

And this flat is very much an investment that we’re going to be selling in three years (if all goes well).

How would you change this flat?

I posted a similar chat about it before and got some amazing ideas. We’ve narrowed down to two options now, but work is due to start this week!

We’ve had approval and a quote to swapping the windowless bedroom and bathroom around for £15k (plus a few extra bits). But now wondering if that’s a lot to spend when we could be smarter in another way...

The original floor plan and ideas attached.

Idea one would be swapping the two bathrooms out (the weird black boxes mean windows).

Idea two - changing that windowless “study” into room with floor-to-ceiling internal glass that’s flexi so can open up (does that make sense?). It was my friend’s Idea and I think it could work really well and save money on swapping the bathrooms... but would mean my baby’s bedroom is always on display when the blind is open.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.