lahlah79

Kitchen layout and connection to garden - advice appreciated!

lahlah79
6 years ago
Trying to design a new kitchen. Have inherited the kitchen which is 12ft long by 9ft wide. Kitchen is housed in small extension to back of house. House is sandstone cottage style. In an ideal world I would demolish and rebuild large kitchen diner but budget will not allow. Therefore trying to make best of the space that I have. Currently kitchen doesn't connect to the garden or the dining room. Doesn't have the high ceilings or features of the rest of the house. I have concentrated on the rest of the house but now kitchen and garden let my house down badly. I'm modern and minimal in style and like the ikea kungsbacka which I will customise but can't get layout right. I can't move the kitchen door which has 4 steps down to garden but I can put window anywhere. So would you put in galley kitchen with large fulll length window at bottom or have L shaped kitchen and maybe put a patio / French door? Struggling to think what would be best. Have no pets or children. Any suggestions welcome please.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.