melanie_norton34

French Door Openings - unable to swing back 180'

Melanie Norton
6 years ago
Hi I have just dissapointingly , after finally making my decision, been told regs dont allow French Doors to open right back so then can be hinged nr to the wall of the house.I had this done previously but that was around 20yrs ago & have been advised its standard to only open 90' but you can have top bracket which you can unhinge to another 45'.Absolutely gutted as wanted feeling open space straight onto my patio.By folds not an option due to kitchen layout and price.
I no technically someone can change beading afterwards but I was wanting my renovation signed off as passing all the checks.And opening the doors into the kitchen wont help.
Is there a solution, I fear not but just thought I would put my dilemma out there.

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.