robinhopemancini

What quartzite works best with creamy White Dove cabinets? Please help

RHM
6 years ago

Trying to choose a natural stone for our kitchen. We have White Dove cabinets, light biscuit subway tile backsplash, medium dark floors and a dark stained island. Accessible Beige walls as of right now, but would LOVE to paint them. They are so drab to me. My dream was to have marble but we are afraid of the upkeep and it's hard to get the right one for this color of cabinet/splash combo. They've all clashed terribly. We've tried all the marble looking quartz out there, and they are too white or too dingy in our kitchen, and they look plasticky to me. Not in love with the idea of granite, since we've had it before and I'm wanting something less busy, but I DO know we seem to prefer real stone over anything else. It is open concept and everything in the other rooms are shades of cream, browns, gray, taupes. I like to change out accent colors as the seasons go, but I really love blues, seaglass, green, red. I also love my dishes and linens so I'd like to have something that's not as busy as what we have now, which is Bellingham quartz. I'd prefer to keep the counters all the same around as the island, since it's a dark stain and different than the cabinets. I am looking for calm and classic, elegant, so I can change accent colors.

I know nothing about quartzite as far as maintenance and etching/stains. Looking at Taj Mahal and Princess White(?) I also LOVE Danby Marble. Which Danby could work? Thank you.

Comments (49)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.