hannahwelman

Kitchen Dilemma

hannahwelman
6 years ago
In the Spring I am looking to have a new kitchen - I have been to quite a few different kitchen companies but no one has come up with a design which I love or I feel works!!

I feel I have gone through every possible layout with moving doors, blocking up windows and making windows bigger, I am about loosing the will!!

We are s family of four with two young boys, we spend a lot of time in the kitchen and I do a lot of cooking so it’s got to be practical and hardworking but also got to look great!!!

The first pic is how it is now - we are removing the wall through to the dining room and blocking up the doors to the lounge (in time we are planning on removing the conservatory and have a garden room so in time a large L shape area).

We are also removing the wall in the utility which has the door (into the utility) so opening it up to one larger utility, with access to garden and garage. This will enable the door from the kitchen to the utility to be moved (if needed) I have had this door moved to many different points along this wall (I feel it’s this area in particular that is my biggest bug bear - wish I could block it up but it’s my only access to the utility and then garage and outside)!!

I would love an island for breakfast and children doing homework and general hangout while cooking is happening (please tell me if you think it’s not possible)??

Second pic shows the dimensions
If you need any other info/pics let me know??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.