webuser_628999

Lighting advice appreciated please!

Sam Bessey
6 years ago

Hi

We are in the final stages of designing our kitchen. It's a ground floor maisonette in London, and the kitchen window is north facing, but lets in quite a bit of light, as it is huge and we don't have any tall buildings off the back of our garden. The window you see here is the only source of natural light in the room other than a little bit through the obscured glass window in the back door.

The design we are going for (with a few changes to unit choices) is attached. This is the only render I have but is quite close to the final thing (Will probably be shaker style tho) Bear in mind the pillar in the pics will not actually be there -it's a mistake by the designers and I've included a couple of photos of the actual room (Excuse the mess! We are having builders start on another project next week so the place is chaos!)

The room size is 4.03m wide and 4.5m long.

I was thinking of putting 3 pendants in (1 near the fridge area, 1 centrally aligned with the window, and 1 half way between the hob and the back door), and then some kind of light over the table (Which will not be the one pictured and will be turned 90 degrees I think in reality). Is that going to be enough? Would a large multi-bulb pendant over the table be too much?

There is also a light fitting by the back door we could leverage maybe for a spot light or to hang a long pendant on a cord.

The lights we are thinking of going with are from Spark & Bell (The disc pendants) https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SparkandBell

Thanks for any help you can give!

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.