sparklybloom

How to decide on handle sizes for different kitchen cupboards?

Jade Byng
6 years ago

I’m having my kitchen done soon and have plans drawn up with cupboards, but can’t tell what size handles I should use on each. I am using pulls on the drawers and they are sorted. The handle I like comes in 10cm, 15cm, 20cm and 25cm lengths. I assume I should use the longest length for a dishwasher? Should I then use the same length handle for the cupboard next to it, because it is the same width and the only other cupboard on that wall? Will it look wrong to have a shorter version right next to it? I really like the look of it all matching but the handles aren’t cheap. When it comes to the integrated fridge freezer, should I use the same on each even though they are split 70/30? I then have a very narrow larder cupboard next to it so symmetry is going to have to go out of the window because I will need to use a much smaller one fixed horizontally rather than vertically.

Should I try to make it so that there is the same sized gap between the ends of each handle and the ends of the doors? Does it look bad to have one horizontal and ome vertical next to each other? I’m already tearing my hair out and we haven’t even started yet.

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.