melanieboyer1

Bedroom needs a facelift!

Mel B
6 years ago
This is my first Houzz post and I'm hoping you lovely people can inspire me - I've really enjoyed looking at other projects and think the advice has been fab! Apologies for the dark photos.

We need to replace the bed but can't decide whether to go for a king size and get smaller units, or stick with the existing units and hope we can find a bed that will fit in the gap - it's extremely tight, so a couple of centimetres could make the difference between the bed fitting the gap and not! The ceiling slopes over the bed, so this will limit our choice as well - currently our bed is about a foot away from the wall as the posts are too tall to push back any further!

I want to stick to the beige-cream-gold tones but would welcome advice on pattern or texture. We've only ever had a blind at the window, but I think it needs some curtains to dress it. I'm thinking possibly floor to ceiling voiles? Or as there isn't really a wall that would be suitable as a feature wall, perhaps something with a bold pattern?

To give an idea of what the room was like when we moved in, I've added the estate agent's photo. The penis owners had a king size bed with smaller units, but I'm worried about the amount of storage we would lose!

Any suggestions, you lovely clever people?

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.