carl_pickett

Kitchen Living Diner layout help

Dale A
5 years ago

Hello,

I am planning to convert the garage of my house to create a larger kitchen space - it will become l-shaped of about 27’ x 15’ which is along the back of the house plus a 12’ x 10’ section that goes back into the house

We’d like to use the space as an open plan kitchen living diner, and ideally include a separate utility, but are struggling with the layout.

The full “wish list“ is as follows, but understand we may have to compromise on some elements to make it al fit

1) Easy access to the back garden and as much as light coming in from the two walls on the back garden as possible from bi-folds

2) An open kitchen work space where two ppl could comfortably move around

3) A kitchen island, even if only small

4) A utility with a door to outside - we would most likely this entrance day-to-day. It would also have the washer dryer etc

5) Space for a large dining table (8-10ppl)

6) A small living space with seating, tv, and a bit of kids toy storage - this is just for convenience, there are two other reception rooms in the house

I’ve attached a sketch of the space but it is very rough!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.....thanks!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.