foxcote90

Help needed... Master bedroom & ensuite layout

Bea Whitehead
5 years ago

Hi there!

We're renovating an old Cotswold Grade II listed house. Ceiling height is reasonable but it doesn't have what I'd call tall ceilings. Think more farmhouse...

When it comes to the first floor layout, we've decided to turn the whole of the front of the house into a master suite.

The concern I have is in adding enough storage into the room. Below is the floor plan for this section - the bedroom and ensuite winds around a staircase which goes up into the second floor. We'll be building some storage in under the staircase, but I'd love to be able to have a bright, light area to get ready in the morning.

Equally, we want a bathroom with a large walk in shower and space for a bathtub. I'm not sure if this is even possible to have both, but I'd love to see if anyone has done something in the past or even is looking at this with fresh eyes and can imagine something I can't! Walls or partitions can be added if needed.

For reference, the spiral staircase goes both up and down, but will mainly be used to go downstairs.

I'd love to know if anyone has seen / worked on something that they think would work for this space. Open to lots of ideas and I'm very grateful for any help you can give :)

Thanks!

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.