sbcbc

Curtains or blinds on a large sliding door?

We have almost finished our extension (with the exception of the kitchen) and I would love some advice on dressing the windows. We put the windows in last year so have lived with the coldest day and more recently the hottest day. We are south facing and have 4 roof lights that also slide open.

We are not overlooked, but I do like the coziness of closing blinds or curtains in the winter.

Our original concept was to have 3 XL electric blinds covering each panel and an electric curtain rail -silent gliss rail with wave curtains that can be tucked to the sides so not impeding on the glass or door frame. The rail and blind would be boxed in from edge to edge.

The living / dining room is 10m width by 6.5m depth and the kitchen is 5x5m. I have 3 sliding doors, the largest being 7.4m and the others are 3.4m.

So my question is, should I box it all in and have a blind and a rail above the window? Or accept just a curtain rail and have light voile wave curtains or option 3 have 2 rails with 1 with voiles that I mainly close and other with heavier curtains I can dress or close in winter?