chabbaa

Sloping Garden Help

chabbaa
5 years ago
Before I begin, it's worth mentioning I don't own this property as it's council but I hope to be able to buy one day. Hence, for now, am looking for affordable solutions to sort out this garden as I can't invest much money, but can invest time.

Problems:

- The area of grass is very uneven and bumpy - ideally I'd like to level this out somehow. Or maybe go artificial? Given the state is it realistic for me to level it outand lay new turf DIY style?

- Because it's so uneven, the bottom of the fence in some spaces is exposed/when I leave out the ground other bits will be exposed. What affordable solutions could I do to border the edges/cover the bottom of the fence panels where there are gaps?

- The back of the garden slopes (the fence panel on its side pic probably shows this best). I have had several suggestions to build up or build down - with retaining walls. But I imagine that will be expensive? Or to build up with decking to level with the grass?

- I have really bad hayfever so am not a fan of lots of flowers/hedges (have had these suggestions for the back slope but that's what I initially removed from the area and found this slope).

I have managed to salavage some wood pallets, breeze blocks and am collecting other materials I can get my hands on via Freecycle etc. so I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. But I just don't know what to do with the space.

All suggestions and advice welcome

Thanks

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.