cornwallsharon

Make my son's room fun!

cornwallsharon
5 years ago

OK so we're moving into our new house in a few week's time and I'd like to make a fun area for my son (age 6). I'm thinking reading nook / semi permanent den / fort / beanbag / big squishy cushions type thing. Basically somewhere he can crawl into with his toys or when he gets his ipad time. He was very taken with a loft conversion in a house that we didnt buy which had a space carved out of the eaves for this very purpose, but of course we don't have that in the house we've actually bought!!

The room is a decent double but there needs to be a degree of flexibility as he has one of those extendable ikea day beds that pulls out into a kingsize when we have guests to stay. This means we can't change to a high sleeper which would have been perfect.

I'm pretty handy with a sewing machine and a drill, so happy to accept ideas with a certain amount of DIY - I'm thinking curtains that can be hung from the ceiling or brackets that'll swing out to hang throws over....I'm just lacking inspiration! Room is 4.04m x 3.18m into recess and some pics are attached. The built in cupboard holds the boiler so although we can use it for toy storage I don't want to incorate that into this. (furniture and colour scheme is previous owner's)

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.