annabel_mulcahy

Advice on Window choice? What do you think?

Annabel Mulcahy
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi, We are planning on installing 2 new windows in the living room either side of the fireplace and 2 new windows in the dining room on the same wall (you can walk from living room through glass doors to dining room so you'd be able to see all 4 new windows along that wall as soon as you walk in the living room). We want to put sash windows in there but wondered if this would go with our current large living room window (please see photos - excuse the mess!)?

I like the simple 4 pane ones and my husband likes the 12 pane ones. The wall they would be going on is west facing so we'd get lots of light (800x1200 living room windows and 800x1526 dining room windows - planning already passed) and that wall is on the side of the house that has no windows currently so wondering if we could get away with it! Our builder suggested it might look too busy for the 12 pane ones. Living room wall is 4.5m (room 5x4.5m)

Anyway, please let me know what you think (current living room upvc window will be painted white to match new windows).

Thanks for any help (I've been trailing pinterest for literally hours trying to find a way to work out if they would go!).

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.