gabby247

Proposed floor plans! Any suggestions/criticisms? Kitchen distances??

Gabby Wong
5 years ago

We're in the process of having plans drawn up for an extension.

In the kitchen, I wonder whether 900mm is a large enough gap around the island?

I'm not planning on having the F/F there, or the dishwasher, as shown, so it'd just be normal cupboards and the like. Ideally I'd want to have 2/3 stools at the garden end of the island, which should keep people out of the way of the working space.

To create extra space obviously we'd have to move the wall further and make the living room narrower which I wouldn't want to do too much!

We're generally really happy with the floor plans as shown, but wanting any suggestions of factors we may not have considered.

1) We definitely don't want a fully open plan space, and the compromise to having the ability to make it more open plan is important, hence the pocket doors.

2) Having a large separate dining room is a large factor in the extension as we have a very large dining table, and my partner takes over the current living room/diner for whole weekends with friends playing massive board games...

The red dotted lines are the existing back wall/internal wall is.. we're adding the wall to partition the living room diner, and to create the utility room.

This pic kinda shows how I want the island/back wall to be but obviously we haven't got the width this room does.

Schubert Road, Putney · More Info

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.