jess_6000

Kitchen diner floor plan help

Jess Burton
3 years ago

Hi,

we are looking to hopefully do a single story extension on a House we have offered on. my friend has drawn up two plans - see current and two ideas below. I really like the plan with the kitchen island and sofa but my predicament is the fridge placement! Bottom left seems obvious spot for not being an eye sore but is hat going to leave enough room so you arnt sitting on a sofa with a fridge door opening into you? We could get rid of the sofa but I would like one and what else would you do with that wall? Dresser or hooks or something?

the fridge also being there I wonder if we would have the block off that window anyway or if it were wide enough to fit the other side...is this an expensive thing to do?

any other suggestions for fridge placement or general layout really appreciated! Any thoughts at all welcome!

We are on a tight budget, any other tips? I have heard good things about DIY kitchens, any thoughts?

many thanks in advance!

Jess

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.