cartervl

Does this tile need to be redone?

cartervl
5 years ago

I'm pretty sure what the answer will be from other posts...but does this tile have to be completely redone?

I was unhappy with the tile when it as first installed (tiles were not flat/even), and they said they would fix it. They did replace a portion of the tile. When I saw the supposedly finished product with grout applied, I was horrified--but they again said it as fixable. Fast forward a couple weeks, and they have finally admitted it is not fixable. They have suggested a couple workarounds (caulk, replacing just the edge tiles). This is all on top of a host of other workmanship issues and schedule delays.

My question is, can this be fixed (assuming I bring in a new contractor who knows what they're doing)? Or does the tile need to be redone completely? And how much of the originally agreed upon price should I expect to have to pay? (This was a complete reno, including demolishing down through the subfloor.) I was required to pay 50% in advance.

Comments (37)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.